International Hack into Space Competition
May 24 @ 8:30 - 13:30Free
The International Hack into Space Competition, sponsored by iLEAD Schools in collaboration with Out of the Box is a design sprint-like event in which young entrepreneurially-minded learners (grades 6 – 12 grade) gather together in small groups to respond to a problem challenging Space Colonization. At the end of the event, teams will pitch their solution by creating a quick presentation poster. One team will be honored as the top solution.
Following the Hackathon, learners who have been involved in The Space Accelerator will present their ideas. A panel of judges will select the winning teams.
- 08:30 Arrive
- 08:45 Intro to day
- 09:00 Hackathon begins: brainstorm solution
- 10:00 Create a poster and Prep for presentation
- 10:45 Snack Break
- 11:15 Present Solutions
- 11:45 Science Accelerator presentations
- 12:10 Dr Jacob Cohen Keynote and Q & A
- 12:45 Awards and closing remarks